How to Prepare for Family Photos
Do you ever feel overwhelmed when getting ready for your photo session? It can be daunting to get everyone to show up looking great, with smiles on their faces, and all in coordinating outfits no less. Here's a few tips to make your session amazing AND enjoyable:
1. Arrive to your session 10 minutes early when possible. This will help everyone get their wits about them, and give you time to get that last minute clothing change or lipstick application on!
2. Just go with the flow. We will get a picture of everyone looking at the camera, smiling, and happy. I promise. I usually start with your traditional "posed" pictures so that we get that out of the way, and then we can loosen up and not have to stress about getting "the one" shot later on when kids get cranky. I love capturing candid moments and memories, so most of the time, if I'm not telling you to look at me, I really don't want you to! ;)
3. Kids will be kids. It's okay if your kids need to run out some wiggles. We will give them a break, take a few pictures of mom and dad, and then try again. Again, I promise we will end up with images that you're in love with.
4. Just remember! We take family pictures to remember your family just the way it is right now. If that looks like kids running and climbing all over you like a jungle gym, don't you want to remember how much they just want and need you? That's what I want, and I imagine that one day when your kids no longer "need" you... you'll want to pull these out and remember just that. Just love your family the way that you always do, and I'll take care of the rest.
5. If you have anything you'd like to incorporate into our session, please bring it. If you have a family blanket you want to take some pictures on, let's do it. If you want a picture in a cute chair you have at your house, bring it along. These are pictures that you're going to have and look at forever, so let's make them YOURS.